The traction battery for EX zones.
Advantages EDrive ATEX:
- Available for ATEX zones
- Longer service life
- Cells for very intensive use
- Qualitative, reliable, robust
- Full range DIN & BS, Gel according to EU standards
- Complies with European directives 2014/34/EU and standards EN/IEC 60079-0, 60079-7, 60079-31
- Robust and solid construction
- Possibility of acid circulation
- European production
- Correct choice of single/double pole
- Warranty: 2 years plus 2 years digressive
Service on your ATEX batteries?
We can help you with that too. At Emrol we have a team of experienced mechanics who are trained for service and maintenance of ATEX approved batteries. Both in the Netherlands and Belgium we visit you for periodic maintenance and inspections of all your ATEX batteries.
Questions? Do not hesitate to contact us. Together we will discuss the possibilities tailored to your company.
What is an ATEX zone?
The term ATEX is used in an area at risk of explosion under certain atmospheric conditions. In an ATEX environment, a total of 6 different zones can be distinguished. Each zone contains specific risks and its own regulations. Batteries can be used safely in 4 zones. Here 2 zones are defined as gas zones and 2 as dust zones where an explosive atmosphere is present or can be present.
The zones in the table on the left fall under Group II, activities that take place above ground.
Options with EDrive ATEX
Quick and easy maintenance with an automatic water filling system
Water filling system: what and why?
While charging a battery, water will be converted into oxygen and hydrogen by electrolysis, which will cause the fluid level in the battery to drop systematically. Insufficient liquid in a battery is a major cause of premature failure. Thanks to the BFS III battery water refilling system, the process of refilling water is automated. The BFS filling system is made of high quality material and is very easy to install. This makes BFS III the most flexible and reliable filling system in its category.
- Fast process
- Very easy to install
- Flexible rubber hoses
- Water barrels and deionisation devices available
Acid circulation: what are the advantages?
- Energy savings: shorter charging times
- Longer service life: excessive charging is avoided, which puts less strain on the battery plates
- Less water consumption
- Intermediate charging: one of the problems with intermediate charging is stratification and this is perfectly eliminated by acid circulation.